Here are some good places to start for finding out what's going down in the Washington DC area.
- Washington Post's Going Out Guide
- Washingtonian Magazine Arts & Events Guide
- 365 Things To Do In DC
- The Smithsonian Institution's goSmithsonian
- Cultural Tourism DC
- National Park Service: National Mall & Memorial Parks
- Chinese New Year Parade in Chinatown
- Presidential Inauguration (every 4 years) / DC Government Resources
Photography Exhibit & Show Schedules
Washington DC Visitor Guides
If you're coming in from out of town, here are some of the most popular guidebooks that can help you make the most of your visit.
- Elise Hartman Ford
- Publisher: FrommerMedia
- Fodor s Washington D C with Mount Vernon Alexandria Annapolis Full color Travel Guide
- Fodor's Travel Guides
- Stephan Van Dam, Illustrator, Editor
- Publisher: VanDam, Inc
- Lonely Planet, Regis St Louis, Karla Zimmerman
- Lonely Planet
And here are some interesting options for less traditional guidesbooks if you'd like an emphasis on exploring DC on foot or diving into some of the region's very rich history.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
- Barbara Noe Kennedy